Would you like to know some of the best gun holsters on the market for your P238 or similar type of gun?
Are you looking for a concealed holster so that you remain discrete in public? Or would you like to show off your firearm? An ankle holster with easy access may even be useful if you want quick access to your firearm.
As you scroll through product pages searching for the right P238 holster, we’re here to help make your life a little easier by recommending some of the best out there.
In purchasing a firearm, you understand your right and need to protect yourself, and safety is paramount. As a result, we believe all the holsters we’ve reviewed are made from high-quality materials and adhere to solid safety standards.
Here’s our first review of holsters…
Top 5 Best Holsters For Sig P238 Firearms Reviews
1. Badger Concealment Sig Sauer Kydex Holster
In our first review of the Sig Sauer Kydex Holsters, we look at the Badger Concealment Sig Sauer Holster. You can conceal your firearm with this type of concealment.
In terms of quality, this holster offers great value in the less expensive price range! The material is high quality, non-scratching, lightweight, and smooth retrieving. It has adjustable retention to meet your preferences.
You can access your weapon fluidly…
A 1.5-inch IWB belt clip and a 3 ounce weight make it easy to attach your firearm anywhere on your belt with little irritation – you won’t even notice it! You can carry a P238 or similar Sig Sauer P365 without attracting unwanted attention, for example, in your day-to-day activities.
Interesting to discover that this company is actually owned by veterans. Is there anything more satisfying than knowing you’re getting some real experience in the design of holsters?
- At 3 ounces, it is extremely lightweight.
- Concealment is excellent with this product.
- A smooth and high-quality access design.
- An IWB belt clip complements the holster well.
- It’s an amazing price for what you get!
- By adjusting the retention, it can be used with other similar firearms.
- Your weapon may not need to be concealed.
- There is no way to change the clip angle. It is set to vertical.
2. DeSantis Nemesis Sig P238 Ambidextrous Black
The next item we are reviewing is the DeSantis Nemesis Sig P238 Ambidextrous in black, which is a pocket-type holster. Although the design is imported, it doesn’t affect the quality and ease of use you can expect.
P238 as well as Mustangs and Colt Ponies will definitely fit into this black cloth holster.
For those of you who use firearms left-handed, here’s something you might find useful…
All you lefties out there will have no problem using this holster since it’s designed to be ambidextrous.
We included this particular holster because it fits the P238 so snugly, and will mold with your firearm in a week or so without any issues at all – almost like a glove!
The pocket holster is a great low-budget buy.
- The black cloth holster is strong yet moldable.
- The P238 is compatible with a Colt, a Mustang, and a Mustang II.
- Lefties, rejoice! This is an ambidextrous design!
- Provides a snug fit with minimal abrasion and scratching during retrieval.
- Some may be concerned about the safety.
- A quick draw may not release some firearm holsters.
- What if you wanted something more substantial?
3. OUTBAGS USA OB-32SC Nylon OWB Outside Pants Carry Holster w/ Mag Pouch
An inbuilt mag pouch makes this another great holster option.
OUTBAGS USA produces high-quality and handcrafted gun holsters that are made in the USA. We are looking at their OB-32C model here, which is an outside-the-pant holster.
Assembling this product is required of you. As you learn your new equipment along the way, we don’t think that’s a bad thing. Additionally, instructions are provided in an easy-to-understand manner. Your new P238 suited off-body holster will assist you in fully understanding its capabilities.
How do the belt clip and positioning work?
In considering buying a new holster, most buyers will consider comfort, ease of use, and the positioning of their firearm. With its high-quality steel belt clip and pocket holder, this OUTBAGS USA design worked well in multiple carrying situations.
A thumb break is fully adjustable, and it’s made from 600-denier nylon.
- A US-made holster from a reputable manufacturer.
- The magazine pouch is built into the device.
- The instructions for assembling this product are very clear.
- The belt clip is made from high-quality steel.
- Adaptable in terms of how it is carried.
- The material is 600-denier nylon, which is extremely strong.
- You will need to assemble the holster.
- Comparatively, it’s quite large.
- There is a ‘top-heavy’ feel to it.
4. Ultimate Ankle Holster for Concealed Carry from ComfortTac
Let’s take a look at an ankle holster we thought was pretty cool!
ComfortTac ankle holsters fit perfectly with the P238 and are extremely comfortable. In contrast to inferior elastic designs, the neoprene band feels comfortable upon contact with the skin. To protect you from potentially harsh contact with the gun, foam padding is used.
However, the best part is…
You can use this holster for a wide variety of firearms that are under 6.5 inches in length – so if you have several guns, you’re in luck.
At your fingertips, you have rapid drawing capabilities…
When you draw your gun, this holster won’t give you away with its ‘Velcro crackle’. In this design, a metal snap function allows you to quickly draw quietly and with ease, no matter what the situation may be.
This holster can also be customized to fit your size and the footwear you prefer to use it with. If you intend to use the holster around your boots, you should get a 17-inch band.
- A comfortable and easy to use ankle holster.
- For extra comfort, neoprene bands are used instead of elastic bands.
- The padding between the gun and your contact point is made of foam.
- It fits a variety of firearms with a length of less than 6.5 inches.
- Design for rapid and silent drawing.
- Orders can be made to size.
- Over time, elastic straps may become less durable.
- The device may move up onto your ankle if it is not properly strapped down.
- Ankle holsters may not be your cup of tea?
5. Winthrop Holsters IWB Single Spring Clip Black Leather Holster
This Winthrop Holsters single clip holster comes in black leather for a classic look.
The final product we chose was a US-made product that looked great, was functional and was affordable.
Here you get a wet molded design that fits your gun snugly and molds to the shape of your gun.
It’s a classic leather look…
We also like that this P238 suited holster is made from superior quality Herman Oak leather weighing 7-8 ounces. Powder coating prevents rusting and general wear on spring clips. As with all leather holsters, it will take some time for you to fully break it in; however, we think it will be well worth the effort!
The instructions that come with this package are very clear, which is another great feature. When it comes to firearms, we always think this is extremely important.
The holster also prevents the slide from putting pressure on your skin, which is a great design feature.
Our overall opinion is that this is a great little purchase at a very reasonable price.
- Made from American cowhide, this black leather bag has a classic look.
- The price is very reasonable!
- A wet-molded design allows you to mold the leather with your gun.
- The spring clips are coated with power to prevent them from wearing out.
- There are very clear instructions included.
- Your skin will not be abraded by the slide.
- The molding of leather with your gun will take longer than that of other materials.
- When reinserting the gun into the holster, you may need to separate the leather opening.
Best Holsters For Sig P238 Buying Guide
In this article, we’ll take a look at some holstering options for your P2398, or a similar gun. You should consider some of the smallest practical implications of each type of holster when choosing the right one.
It’s out of sight, but it’s ready for anything…
A Sig Sauer Kydex Holster from Badger Concealment or a ComfortTac ankle holster would both be logical choices for concealing your weapon and using it for everyday purposes and protection.
The DeSantis Nemesis Sig P238 Ambidextrous Black would, however, be a better choice if you prefer to conceal and pocket your firearm as well.
Holstering that is more practical…
The American-made OUTBAGS USA OB-32SC is a heavy duty off-body holster that can store mags and was highly rated in terms of price and quality.
I’m writing this for all you quick-draw gun-slinging cowboys…
ComfortTac ankle holsters are ideal for securing your pistol in fast-draw situations by strapping them around your boots. A great feature of this holster is the fact that you can draw silently, with no Velcro sounds alerting others to your presence.
A classic American holster is also included…
When it comes to leather holsters, we understand that they can take some time to mold to your firearm, but once they do, you’ll have a high-quality, long-lasting holster for years to come. That’s why we’re including a Winthrop Holsters leather model for good measure, and it’s not that expensive either!
Our holsters are designed for P238 firearms as well as other guns of similar sizes. If you want to find the right type of positioning for you, make sure you read any instructions that come with your holster package.
In addition to enjoying the idea of a classic leather holster, we believe that the newer materials offer excellent adaptability to the shape of your gun, as well as excellent comfort.
We sincerely tried our best to find some high-grade products here, to save you the hassle of trawling through multiple reviews, which we certainly know can be quite contradictory at times. Thanks very much for your time, keep safe and good luck in finding a holster that really fits your needs.