The New York Daily News is sounding strangely pro-life LOL
They came to the wrong house.
An 80-year-old California retiree shot dead a pregnant woman as she and a male accomplice tried to flee Tuesday night after breaking in and robbing the man’s home in Long Beach.
And Tom Greer has no regrets about plugging the woman with two shots as she begged for her life.
“She says, ‘Don’t shoot me, I’m pregnant! I’m going to have a baby!’ And I shot her anyway,” Greer told KNBC-TV.
The elderly man, wearing his arm in a sling Wednesday as he spoke to a reporter, said he came back to his house in the ritzy Bixby Knolls neighborhood Tuesday evening and found the woman and a man ransacking his home.
“When I went in there, they tackled me,” Greer told the news station. “Both of them jumped up on top of me.”
During the struggle, Greer fell to the ground as the intruders rummaged through a safe. But the man had pocketed his .22-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver in the chaos of the moment.
“I come back and they see me with a gun, and they run,” he told the NBC affiliate.
The man took off but the woman stumbled in an alley behind the home. She pleaded for her life as Greer took aim and fired.
“She was dead,” he told KNBC. “I shot her twice, she best be dead … (The man) had run off and left her.”
Cops have yet to identify the dead woman and her accomplice remains on the lam. Greer, meanwhile, was headed to the hospital to have a shoulder and collarbone injury treated, he told a reporter.
The woman collapsed in this alleyway and Greer shot her dead despite her pleas for her life. Cops investigate the scene of the shooting. No charges have been filed.
Greer said it was the first time he had shot a person — but wouldn’t be the last if anyone tries to mess with him again.
“I shot her, so that’s going to leave a message on (her accomplice’s) mind for the rest of his life,” Greer told the station.
It’s unclear if Greer will face charges in the shooting.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/calif-man-80-guns-pregnant-home-invader-shot-best-dead-article-1.1878188#ixzz38LqpPTae
Now some people may see the homeowner as uncompassionate, but they need to realize this:
1. A criminal will say anything
2. A criminal will take advantage of any opportunity to gain the upper hand.
3. You don’t know what’s in the criminal’s head. Will they get out and come back? Will they seek revenge? Unless you’re holding them at gun point while someone else calls 911. What can you do? Even if you had a phone in your pocket, can you dial 911 without looking at your phone? What if the criminal uses that opportunity to jump at you?
4. They broke into his home, they tackled him. This qualifies as fear of imminent death and massive bodily injury. The Castle Doctrine applies at well.
5. Even if you’re pro-life, your life comes first. If that evil woman really cared about her baby, why is she breaking into people’s homes?
6. Spare the the sexist notion that a man is a coward if he shoots a woman. It’s funny that the same feminists who want “equal pay for equal work” and demand women serve in armed combat will suddenly become chivalrous and play their vagina-card. Sorry liberals, but even under the laws of chivalry a lady still has to act like a lady. An animal that breaks into people’s homes deserves to be shot.
Don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time or the grave.